Saturday 10 January 2009

Saying Thank You

One thing the Christmas Season is full of, is opportunities to say "Thank you."

This week, Anna made a Thank You card for her grandparents, to express her gratitude for them coming camping with us just after Christmas.
It was a great to spend time with my whole family: both my brothers were there along with my younger brother's family, and my parents. The only problem was the weather; it was in the high thirties each day, up to 39 C (102 F) at times. That made it difficult to get the kids to nap in the afternoons in the hot tents. But it was well worth it for the opportunity to share with the next generation some of the delights we had enjoyed as children, when my brothers and I went camping every Christmas with Mum and Dad.

Here we are having some fun at the Pinnacles, our lunch stop on the way to Geraldton, where we camped for the four nights.We were really surprised to get to the look-out and see short, squat pinnacles, not at all like in the photos. The kids had a lot of fun running around through them with their cousins Lisa and Rebecca, though. Then we got in our cars and did the desert drive, and found many of the taller, slimmer pinnacles that the area is so famous for:

3 comments:

argsmommy said...

What an interesting place!

Kellie

Mrs. Edwards said...

"So famous" and yet it is new to me! That figures, I suppose, and yet we did study Australian geography. :) I'll make a note for the next time we study it.

What a wonderful time with extended family! Do you camp in tents, in a cabin, or a camper?

Thanks for sharing the photos!

Deborah said...

Tell Anna she did a great job on the card. :)