Saturday 16 January 2010

Calvin Club


Cathy at The Best Book Co-Op is going to be hosting a collective reading of John Calvin's Institutes of the Christian Religion, through the Calvin Club.

I found a copy of Calvin's Institutes sitting on the family bookshelf: it is Volume 20 of Britannica's Great Books of the Western World series. Unfortunately, even at the Cathy's promised gentle pace (getting through Book I in 2010), I am not sure I will be able to partake. I have just applied to work part time, 2 1/2 days a week, as the Children's Ministry Worker at my church(!!). Not to mention the other project I am working on, writing a book. However, I would heartily recommend this challenge to anyone who would like to get a better grip on what they believe and why.

Meredith at The Key to the Door has decided to give the Calvin Club a go already. Why not join Cathy and Meredith at the Calvin Club?

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for the link. I'm hoping I can keep up too!

It certainly sounds like things will be getting busier for you, may God give you stamina for it.

I'm keen to have a thorough read of your blog. We are thinking through education. Thanks for sharing what you do.

Sharon said...

Welcome to the blog, Cathy.

Just search under the homeschooling link to find things about home education. The weekly reports link takes you to some diary-style posts about our experiences homeschooling.

~ Sharon